- “Account” means a unique account created for You to access Our Website or parts of Our Website.
- “Organisation” (referred to as either “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Emarat Al-Ard Research Centre for Sustainable Development (EMARDEV).
- Country” refers to the United Kingdom.
- “Content” refers to content such as text, images, research materials, research papers, or other information that can be posted, uploaded, linked to or otherwise supplied to you regardless of the form of that content.
- Device” means any device that can access the Website such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- “Feedback” means feedback, innovations or suggestions sent by You regarding the attributes, performance or features of our Service.
- “Services” mean Content on the Website, the Website or any software that is made available through the Website.
- “Third-party Social Media Service” means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third party that may be displayed, included or made available on Our Website.
- “Website” refers EMARDEV’s website accessible from https://emardev.org/com.
- “You” means the individual accessing or using Our Website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using Our Website.
- By accessing the site or any content found or published on the Website, you are entering into an agreement with EMARDEV and agree to comply with these Terms.
- If you disagree with any part of these Terms, you may not access Our Website.
- Intellectual Property Policy
- The design of the website and the contents of the website, including any material e-mailed to you or otherwise supplied to you in conjunction with the website (excluding Content provided by you or other users) are and will remain the exclusive intellectual property of the organisation. The website is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the Country and foreign countries.
- You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks including the name ‘EMARDEV’, EMARDEV’s logo, or any other trade name and logo associated with EMARDEV, in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of the organisation.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is Our policy to respond to any claim that Content posted on the Service infringes a copyright or other intellectual property infringement of any person. If You are a copyright owner or authorised on behalf of one, and You believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement that is taking place through Our Website, You must submit Your notice in writing to the attention of our copyright unit via email and include in Your notice a detailed description of the alleged infringement. You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing Your copyright. Upon receipt of a notification, EMARDEV will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from Our Website.
- User Accounts
- You agree to provide EMARDEV with accurate, complete registration information. You are responsible for keeping your information and passwords up-to-date and confidential. You agree to be solely responsible for the use of your username and/or password used in accessing any part of our website. You may not share or disclose your login details or password to any third party. You must notify Us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorised use of Your account.
- You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than You without appropriate authorisation, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- To confirm your compliance with these Terms, EMARDEV reserves the right to monitor and record activity on the website, including your access to EMARDEV’s Content.
- How to use our content
- Your Right to Post Content
- Your Representation and Warranties about Your Content
- The Content is Yours (You own it) or You have the right to use it and grant Us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and
- The posting of Your Content on or through Our Website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
- Content Restrictions
EMARDEV is not responsible for the content of the Service’s users. You expressly understand and agree that You are solely responsible for the Content and for all activity that occurs under your account, whether done so by You or any third person using Your account.
You may not transmit any Content that is unlawful, offensive, upsetting, intended to disgust, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Examples of such objectionable Content include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unlawful or promoting unlawful activity.
- Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
- Spam, machine – or randomly–generated, constituting unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorised solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Containing or installing any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorised access to any data or other information of a third person.
- Infringing on any proprietary rights of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights.
- Impersonating any person or entity including the EMARDEV and its employees or representatives.
- Violating the privacy of any third person.
- False information and features.
EMARDEV reserves the right, but not the obligation, to, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not any Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms, refuse or remove this Content. EMARDEV further reserves the right, which it may exercise at its sole discretion without notice, to make delete, format, edit and change the manner of any Content. EMARDEV can also limit or revoke the use of the Service if You post such objectionable Content. By submitting your Content to our Website, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless EMARDEV from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any content posted or published by you that are in breach of this section.
EMARDEV cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any content posted or published by users or third parties. As EMARDEV cannot control all content posted by users and/or third parties on the Website, you agree to use the Service at your own risk. You understand that by using the Service You may be exposed to content that You may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable, and You agree that under no circumstances will EMARDEV be liable in any way for any content, including any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content.
- Our Rights
- Links to Other Websites
- Assignment of Agreement
This agreement is personal to you and your rights and obligations under these Terms may not be assigned, sub-licensed or otherwise transferred. This agreement may be assigned to a third party by EMARDEV, without any prior notice or liability to you.
- Limitation of Liability
Although we endeavour to ensure the high quality and accuracy of the Website, EMARDEV makes no warranty, express or implied concerning Content on the Website, the Website or any software that is made available through the Website (the Services), all of which are provided “as is”. EMARDEV expressly disclaims all warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and warranties of merchantability. In no event will EMARDEV, its affiliates and agents be liable for indirect, special, incidental, and/or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) that may arise directly or indirectly from the use of (or failure to use) or reliance on the Services, even if EMARDEV has been advised of the possibility that such damages may arise. EMARDEV does not guarantee the accuracy, content, or timeliness of the Services or that they are free from viruses or other contaminating or destructive properties.
In no event will any liability of EMARDEV, its affiliates and agents to you (and/or any third party) that may arise out of any kind of legal claim (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) in any way connected with the Services or in breach of these Terms by EMARDEV exceed $100 USD.
Upon EMARDEV’s request, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless EMARDEV, its affiliates and agents from any claims and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, related to any breach of these Terms by you or your use of any Services.
- Governing Law
English law shall govern these Terms and Your use of the Website, without regard to choice or conflicts of law principles.
- Disputes Resolution
If You have any concerns or disputes about the Website, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting the Company. You and EMARDEV agree that any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and EMARDEV arising in connection with or relating in any way to these Terms or to your relationship with EMARDEV Group as a user or subscriber (whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory) will be determined by mandatory binding arbitration conducted in England by one arbitrator to be jointly determined by parties. The arbitration shall be governed by English law.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require the performance of an obligation under these Terms shall affect a party’s ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using Our Website.
Notices to EMARDEV must be given in writing, by letter, and sent to EMARDEV